Friday, May 8, 2009

Months

It's been months since I've posted anything on here! I haven't been much of a blogger these last four months and have been wondering if my blog might have the shortest blog life ever. We've had our hands full, obviously. Full of diapers, baby rattles, Goodnight Moon and a few other things. We just went to Asher's 4 month appointment last Wednesday and so far he is doing great! He's growing like a beanpole and seems to be doing something new everyday. Right now he's working on his squealing and "boo, goo, daa, le" sounds, trying to sit up, roll over without getting one of his arms stuck under his body, grab everything in sight, laugh and pop some teeth. We are having a ton of fun with him and laughing A LOT, ourselves.
Months ago I was telling our life group that having Asher is the craziest thing that has ever happend to me. I still think that. Life has changed (and the change hasn't stopped)! I've been thinking a lot about all of the cultural transition phases I've learned about from moving overseas and back more than once. I think a lot of it has applied and come to mind since Asher arrived.
Other moms I've talked with have mentioned not feeling quite "normal" again until the 7th, 8th or 9th month. At this point, I'm wondering what that really means. Maybe I'll figure it out in a few months. For now, we are in the thick of growing into new people and learning a new language and world in the process. Maybe someday we will feel fluent. Until then, I guess we'll keep working at memorizing Goodnight Moon.